Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year and New Perspective

Good Morning, Happy New Year and welcome to 2014.    Traditionally, the new year is celebrated as a time to "gain a fresh start" leaving behind the mistakes and challenges of the past year while looking ahead with optimism and excitement for the year ahead.  We all can stand to either loose a few pounds, have more money in the bank or break a bad habit just to name a few but can any of us truly commit to making those changes if we don't realize and appreciate why we desire to change and what it is that we are truly seeking in the first place?  These changes can and will have a positive affect on our lives but even after we make these changes what long lasting affect will they have if we still are not happy at a smaller size, with more money and a fashionable halo to model?

In the past I have found that it so easy to list resolutions and make promises to myself in moments of excitement but shortly after the thrill of my thoughts have left so has my motivation.  In an effort break free of this cycle and keep myself motivated I have committed to a change of perspective and a new value system.  I have decided not make promises to myself that I won't keep and not to create unnecessary pressure by listing the things that I won't do any more but instead I have decided to focus on the value of perspective and the rewards and benefits of life.

Every second, of every minute, of every day presents new opportunities, challenges, and experiences that we have yet to encounter.  A positive perspective that recognizes the value of life and serves as an anchor for true love, joy, peace and happiness.  May this year bring you the best perspective possible and provide new value.  


© Joe'l Anthony and The Grave Woman, 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Joe'l Anthony and The Grave Woman with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. 

No comments:

Post a Comment