Thursday, January 30, 2014

New Year New Perspective: Patience and Preparation

Earlier this year I shared my desire to evolve and protect my perspective in the blog post entitled “New Year New Perspective”.  Since sharing that blog I have been challenging myself to truly live up to the principles discussed and view all of my experiences as preparation for fulfilling my purpose and to be patient and understanding with myself throughout the process.  Like many people I know who are striving for more in life (no matter what more is) I sometimes find myself frustrated and overwhelmed by the interpretations that “things aren't happening fast enough” or “I am working so hard and nothing seems to be going as I planned” not taking into consideration that the frustration and overwhelming feelings that I am experiencing serve as groomers for two tools that will be essential for my journey.

Patience is defined as the capacity to accept or tolerate delay, trouble, or suffering without getting angry or upset.

We currently live in a society where everything is instantaneous. We have become so accustomed to at the click of a mouse being able to order a pizza, buy a new pair of shoes and even date.  Social media powerhouses such as Instagram, Snap Chat and Twitter have capitalized on our lack of patience by constraining the critical thinking required from users by flooding us with images and limiting the number of words that can be used to communicate contributing to a society that has no concept of or value for patience and the process of just being.

Preparation is defined as the action or process of making something ready for use or service or getting ready for some occasion, test, or duty

When things are not happening our way and our way right now we can be tempted to experience the all familiar feelings of overwhelming frustration, anxiety, worry and fear that things just won’t happen at all.  In the past weeks I have slightly altered my perspective and chosen to view moments of quiet, unexpected change of plans, cancellations and other circumstances which I have in the past viewed as disappointments or failures as opportunities to reflect and become better prepared.  To be honest not all of the frustration and anxieties have faded completely BUT I have learned that by having a more positive perspective, spending more time and energy reflecting and preparing and exercising more patience I feel better and am able to operate more efficiently and effectively.   I encourage each of you to please take the time to reflect and prepare.  When things are not going as planned and in moments of frustration practice patience and trust that things may not work out exactly how you thought or would like but THEY WILL WORK OUT.  I look forward to reading your comments about the positivity you experience from a change in perspective. 


“Build the track and the train will come, without the track the train has no place to come”


© Joe'l Anthony and The Grave Woman, 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Joe'l Anthony and The Grave Woman with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. 

No comments:

Post a Comment