Sunday, March 2, 2014

The Conversation: Daddy’s Girl Part 2

Wow! Who would have thought that on my 28th birthday of all days I would be sitting down and preplanning my father’s funeral and burial?  As strange as it seems I think that this is possibly the best birthday present that I have ever been given. 

I truly believe in practicing what I preach but must admit that I have been somewhat of a hypocrite in this area.  For past few years I have allowed resistance and fear of facing reality stop me from being persistent in collecting this information from my Daddy and other members of my family and encouraging my friends and extended family to do the same.  

Sitting down as Daddy and daughter, having THE CONVERSATION and collecting the vital information needed for emergency situations, finances, and end of life care has given me such a peace of mind and heart. I thank God for this oppertunity and pray that each and every person that I know and reader of this blog is encouraged to do the same

© Joe'l Anthony and The Grave Woman, 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Joe'l Anthony and The Grave Woman with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. 

No comments:

Post a Comment